Wednesday 29 May 2013

Final Major Collection

A few weeks ago I completed my Foundation Degree and submitted my final major collection. The joy at finishing was such a huge relief, I worked SO hard on the research and design stage of the project and stayed up until the very early hours trying to finish everything as well as a dissertation and 2 reports! My concept was based around the topic of Georgian architecture and interior design as I wanted to take a traditional idea and explore a more contemporary outlook which would meet my selected target audience at Laura Ashley.
After many long hours of research, designing, printing and sewing, my final collection comprised of 3 outfits and 2 textile pieces. I haven’t got any professional pictures of my textile pieces yet but I will upload them when I put my final exhibition up. I’ve included some pictures however of my final lookbook which was shot by the fabulous Kathryn Younger. You can check out her website and Facebook page here: 

Extra credit also goes to Phillips Of Hitchin, where the photoshoot took place. It’s a Georgian antiques store with traditional 18th century interior features and it provided such a striking backdrop for the photographs.
I also used MUA Chantelle Quince for the  hair and makeup. I worked with Chantelle briefly at Clothes Show Live 2012 and she is such a raw talent in her field. Like Kathryn, she really understood the look that I wanted for the shoot and I would definitely recommend her for any photoshoots/projects. You can also check out her website and Facebook page below:


And the last credits go to my models Rosie and Amber who I’ve also previously worked with in the past and are always extremely lovely to work with.

Here are some of the images from my final lookbook!













^OOPS WHERE'S THE STEAMER ON THAT DRESS?!?!



No comments:

Post a Comment