Wednesday 26 February 2014

Spring Fling!

Spring is approaching, even though most days it doesn't look promising! I'm hoping all this rain means Summer will be lovely but this is the UK I'm talking about so let's not hold out for much.

I love Spring and as a textiles student, I'm currently looking at a mass of floral prints for my conceptual project, collaborating my German and Scottish family heritage (through looking at folkloric motifs) and the Garden of Eden. Florals galore! The floral trend is a recycled one used practically every season for fashion and interiors, currently being scouted out in the large masses of magazines I buy every month week. The intentions of my tutors over the years probably thinking I am obsessed with florals are too definitely correct.

Below I've put together some of my favourite pieces from current fashion and interior retailers...



L-R:
Swing Dress With Floral Applique & Embroidery (£44)
Skater Dress With Floral Embroidery (£65)
Skater Dress With Floral Embroidery (£75)
Reclaimed 60s Vintage Print Shift Dress (£35)


L-R:
Duvet Set (£19.99)
Plate (£3.99, how cute!)
Daisy Skirt (£9.99)
Cushion (£12.99)
Curtains (£24.99)


L-R:
Sunburst Print (£10)
Rosie Cushion (£35)
Wildflower Print (£10)
Olivia Cushion (£45)
Sew Lovely Cushion (£35)
Tulip Cushion (£45)


L-R:
Nica Alicia Satchel (£49)
Jones and Jones @ Topshop Floral Organza Dress (£60)
Floral Print Jumpsuit, River Island (£30)
Floral Laser Cut Purse, River Island (£17)
Floral Boxy T-Shirt, New Look (£14.99)





No comments:

Post a Comment