Friday 5 July 2013

A Few Of My Favourite Things...



Making wishlists and collated some of my current loves on Photoshop. Might make this into a weekly thing!

❤❤❤❤

Cat printed clothing and accessories were huge around 2 years ago with designers such as Chloé and Lanvin at the forefront of head to toe feline inspiration. With Charlotte Olympia and Jeffrey Campbell providing uber cute footwear, retailers like ASOS and Topshop are reinventing graphic design through a range of products from iPhone covers, collar tips and knitted jumpers.

Top from L-R: 
See By Chloe Jersey Dress with Fat Cat and Mouse (£78) ASOS 
I Love Crafty Feline Fatale Kitty Collar Tips in Black (£12) MOTEL 
Petite Meow Cat Shell Top (£15) TOPSHOP 
Issa Cat Wool Sweater (£130) MATCHES FASHION 

Bottom from L-R:
I wish I knew where this is from! I found the image of model Barbara Palvin wearing this cat design and I read that it's a bodysuit from Kenzo but I couldn't find anything further! 
iPhone case. Designed by Leah Goren. 
Paul & Joe Cat Collection Blusher Sticks (£21) ASOS 
Cat Ears Watch (£14) ASOS 
American Apparel Illustrated Cat Print Oversized Shirt (£36.50) ASOS 

Consisting of sisters Alana, Este and Danielle, Haim are described as a group whose sound is reminiscent of "nu folk meeting 90s R&B". The addition of drummer Dash Hutton provides a consistent California-esque echoing the vibes of Fleetwood Mac. Tracks "Forever", "Falling" and "Don't Save Me" are already climbing up vast summer playlists and with a string of concerts and festivals under their belts already, Haim are fast living up to their title of BBC's Sound Of 2013.


When H&M added homeware to their existing product catalogue, I was excited to see if I would be able to inject the same amount of cheap chic into my bedroom interior as apposed to clothing H&M houses in my wardrobe. From lace and quirky cushions to kitchenware ranging from animal printed plates and pastel cake stands, the Swedish company could be on the way to rivaling counterpart Ikea. 


Drowned myself in Glasto highlights on BBC iPlayer for the past week, the festival season has begun everyone! Cara, Alexa and co kicking off the season with leather jackets, Ray-Bans and Hunters! 


I've been a fan of Katie Rodgers and her illustrations for a while now and after recently looking through her work, she's re-inspired me on the fact that you can turn any hobby into a worthy career. Katie began Paper Fashion in 2009 and has since designed for fashion labels such as Coach and Kate Spade. The use of watercolour technique and splashes of glitter within her work provide both texture and intrigue to her images, making them beautiful interpretations of her own inspirations.

You can check out Katie's work and connect with her via:

TWITTER: @paperfashion
INSTAGRAM: paperfashion





No comments:

Post a Comment